Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lab 1: Cartography

Isarithmic Maps

Isarithmic maps are normally used to display information that is common to a certain area, such as precipitation and voting regions. In the map above it shows precipitation over areas of Georgia.

Proportional Symbol Map


Proportional Symbol maps uses shapes to show common occurrences of data in a certain location. It uses different sized shapes to show the different amounts of data in the area. In the map above it shows the amount of ethanol facilities as well the capacity of them.


Choropleth Map



A Choropleth map is used to show data by concentrations of colors and different shades in specific areas. As an example of this map, it shows the density of urban living in the United States. These maps can easily show a subject that is common throughout a specific area.


Dot Distribution Map


Dot distribution maps show specific data over a vast region. It will typically show a common point such as farms over the United States. The dots accurately represent data as points and the size of the points do not matter in this case. The more dense the data is in the area then the more dots will be in that area as well.


My Happy Place... =D


My Happy Place begins in a country called Vietnam, my native country. Every time I visit I find a new piece of myself and new family members to add to the endless list. I really don't have a happy path because we travel all across the country to visit new cities and meet new family. I believe the happiness comes from the lack of technology and worry about society such as robbery, violence, etc. The lack of technology helped me realize my appreciation for life, but ever since I started high school I never had a chance to go back. My happy place is truly a place where I can be myself and be around people that I love and cherish.


No comments:

Post a Comment